Thursday, July 2, 2009

INSPIRATION BY THE MASTER

"The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say that I work hard every day, that I never dog it"

This may make you smile. Not my usual 'doggy' jokes. However, it is mid year and I feel the need to share some personal inspiration with you all.

Recall the new year resolution you came up with? What was it you promised yourself? Be IT around love, work, family, life focused?
Le's admit it, we all make that inner promise to ourselves which remains buried deep inside the bowels of our weak persona's.

Like;
" I gotta manage my savings, please God help me saveeee!"
"Oh, how badly I need to chuck my Nissan March! God help me get that bonus!" and some really secretive ones like;
"This year I am gonna get rid of that pompous son of a %&ch!" (Husband, wife, mother, Boss.....fill the blanks!)

Yap, competition to just exist is getting tighter worldwide! Look around, animals in the Maasai Mara are dwindling due to human encroachment, Greenpeace has an ever present war stance in the high seas off Japan to thwart whaling, the Galapagos islands are struggling against human development, prostitutes in Dar just after the budget passing hiked prices by 7.5 percent in direct competition with liquor! The reason being to narrow the (PSC) Personal Stress Choice....meaning you can decide comparatively on either getting a quickie or drunk driving (or unquenched) home!

How do I know some of these things? I am seriously networked! I watch National Geographic diligently too!

Anyway, back to my inspiration.
I really want to tell you all that each day is a trial. A test of wits. In 360+ days, we all go through event fluctuations of varying degrees of urgency. If you were getting daily National Security briefings like Obama, you would probably grow white hair in 5 months!

But through it all, you are encouraged to visit this blog, get lost in in it and find solace in these mid month quotes!
I told myself that I will work harder, save up, clear debts and pave the way for happiness. The most important thing that I told myself was that I would not load myself with useless work, stick to 2 main business ventures (1 recently dropped 1 and am left with UMODO), not promise to do what I cannot, be brutally honest, say NO for my own good, focus on profit, and be honest.

I am happy to admit that half way into 09, I am doing pretty good. YES! I HAVE SLIPPED AND GOTTEN UP A FEW TIMES, very hard to kick old habits! I am even winning the fight against the bulge! By end of July, I aim to mow down 6 kilos and go down to 70kg!

There are some other stuff I won't get into, like my sex and stuff. That you judge from my bounce....

Now bounce to these cool inspirational quotes!!
1. Hard work brings prosperity; playing around brings poverty.

2. If I am anything, which I highly doubt, I have made myself so by hard work.

3. It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?
Ronald Reagan

4. I learned the value of hard work by working hard.
Margaret M.

5. Hard work is the key to success, so work diligently on any project you undertake. If you truly want to be successful, be prepared to give up your leisure time and work past 5 PM and on weekends. Also, have faith in yourself. If you come up with a new idea that you believe in, don't allow other people to discourage you from pursuing it.
Charles Lazarus

AND NOW........ FOR THE BEST MID YEAR QUOTE!
6. When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him whose?
Don Marquis

No comments:

Post a Comment